We answer questions below about Paythen, split billing and more. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us via live chat or email – email@example.com.
- 1. What is Paythen?
Paythen is a no-code billing and payment system that works with Stripe (for payment processing) and lets businesses offer payment plans and split payments in under a minute. Create highly flexible plans and let customers pay for your product or service via a payment plan or upfront. Once you create a plan, we generate an easy payment link you can add on your site or share with your customers via email or social. It's beautifully simple, but very powerful with features designed to improve your customer experience, while reducing admin, and giving you powerful insights.
Paythen requires Stripe to work. Once you sign up, we'll ask you to connect your Stripe account.
- 2. Is Paythen available in my country?
Paythen is available anywhere Stripe is – currently in 39 countries. If you can sign up for a Stripe account, you can use Paythen. Here's the list:
Countries that show "Preview" above might have limited functionality as Stripe is just getting started there.You can read more about each supported country, including Stripe fees and sign up for an account here.
You can accept payments in any currency Stripe supports, which is over 135 currently. There are some exceptions and limitations based on your account's currency. View the full list and more info here.
- 3. Is there a free plan?
No. There is a free 14 day trial though, with no limitations and no credit card needed. During your trial, you pay no Paythen fees either. To continue to offer a quality, secure product, free plans aren’t sustainable.
- 4. Are there any other fees?
With Paythen, you only pay either a fixed flat monthly fee, or if you prefer, a low fee per transaction. Choose what works for you and your business, and change your mind anytime. Either way, you keep more of your revenue where it belongs – in your pocket. As with all billing systems, this is separate to Stripe’s fees.
- 5. I use Stripe already. Why should I use Paythen?
Paythen is built on top of Stripe to take advantage of the built in features, and world-leading payment processing Stripe already offers. Paythen builds on top of that to offer powerful features specifically for businesses that offer or are planning to offer payment plans to their customers. Paythen makes the creation, sharing and reporting on payment plans super easy ?
- Connect your Stripe account
- Create your plan in seconds
- Share the easy payment link with your customers or add it to your site
- Your customers can choose between upfront payment and payment plan options at the time of purchase - this makes them more likely to complete the transaction
- Get powerful insights and reports
Your customers can also manage their own payment plans, change their payment info, view past receipts, see how much they've paid vs. owing, and even repay early anytime. Start with a free 14 day trial to see if Paythen works for your business. Your customers will love it. We hope you do too ?
- 6. Does Paythen work with other payment processors?
No. Paythen is designed to work with Stripe. This is because Stripe is the leader in terms of the features, flexibility, security, ease of use, global availability, and more when it comes to payment processors. We believe it is the best payment processor available for most businesses in the countries it is available. Building Paythen to work with Stripe means we can offer you advanced features that would be impossible with most other payment processors. We have no short-term plans of integrating with other payment processors but will re-evaluate this position as needed.
- 7. Does Paythen work without Stripe?
No. Paythen works with Stripe to process payments. Once you sign up, we will ask you to connect your existing Stripe account or create a new one.
- 8. What support do we get?
We offer support via email, live chat and self-service to all our customers. Most support enquiries are answered and resolved within an hour. We also offer scheduled phone support. Message us to tee up a time if you’d like to chat.
- 9. Is Paythen a buy now, pay later service? How is it different?
No. Paythen is not a buy now pay later credit service like AfterPay. We use AfterPay as an example below, but this applies to most buy now, pay later services.
Once you create a plan in Paythen, your customers get to choose to pay the full amount immediately or via a payment plan that you've defined. Both options require your customers to use their credit or debit card to pay. This means 100% of your customers can choose a payment plan option instead of only those that get approved for credit.
- AfterPay is a credit service. With Paythen, your customers can get get a payment plan, but they can use their existing credit or debit card to do so.
- AfterPay is like a mini-loan, with Paythen, there is no credit provided – this is not only more responsible, but also more flexible and better. Your customers get to choose how they want to pay, and which payment method they want to use, while you pay lower fees and deliver a better customer experience.
- AfterPay has a fixed 8 week repayment period. This is rigid, and can still be very high for high value items. With Paythen, you can set the payment plan interval to whatever you want – weekly, monthly, fortnightly, or any other custom interval – and you also choose how long it goes for.
- AfterPay takes away your direct relationship with your customer – and build their brand, instead of yours. With Paythen, there is little to no Paythen branding involved – we just give you the mechanism to offer split payments, while giving you the reporting and flexibility you need.
- AfterPay takes away a big chunk of your profit margin with each transaction. With Paythen, you pay a single, fixed monthly fee with unlimited transactions. You do pay the payment processing fee to Stripe, which is a payment processor.
- Paythen is a complete billing and payment system that gives you ease of use, reporting and insights and important features for your customers whereas AfterPay and others are just credit providers.
- Paythen is built on top of Stripe – the world's most popular (and in our opinion, the best) online payment processor. This means from day one, you can accept payments in hundreds of currencies.
Paythen is designed to improve your customer payment experience and conversions while giving you powerful and simple features to understand and improve your business. Here are some of the key features, but the best way to see if it works for you is to try it with a free 14 day trial.
Easy payment plans
Offer your customers a buy now, pay later option set by you, to increase conversions and sales.
No-code, no-fuss setup
Once you connect your Stripe account, it takes under a minute to get started using Paythen.
Four payment types
Offer subscriptions, payment plans, once-off payments or an option between payment plans & once-off.
Easy payment links
An easy to share payment link that works on any website and any device - matching your brand.
Many payment methods
Let your customers pay with Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Apple Pay, Google Pay, AliPay or WeChat Pay.
Choose how you pay
Pay a flat monthly fee or a low per transaction fee. Keep more of your profits either way.
Upcoming payment reminders
Reduce failed payments and the time spent chasing them up with handy payment reminders.
Encourage early repayments
Offer customers on a payment plan an easy way to repay early at any time - increasing your cashflow.
Payment plans or subscriptions
End charges after a set number of payments or continue indefinitely. Choose what works for you
Change payment info easily
Your customers can change their card info anytime they want, with zero time spent by your team.
Your customers want to know what they’ve paid, and how much they owe. Now they can.
Reduce support time spent sending customers copies of their receipts. All receipts available to them 24 x 7.
Get powerful, simple insights
Useful, easy to understand reports at the company, product and customer level.
Easily change the colors and logos shown on customer facing pages and some emails.
Flexible billing intervals & more
Choose any billing interval you can think of, add a setup fee, trial period and lots more for each product.