Yes you can. Creating Eventbrite payment plans is possible with Paythen. It requires about 5 minutes of setup, and a Zapier account. Paythen does not have a direct integration with Eventbrite, however you can offer payment plans to event attendees with this workflow:
- Before you start, if you haven’t already done so, create your free Paythen trial account
- In Eventbrite, create a free ticket for your event for the payment plan option and let attendees know they’ll get an email link to pay for the payment plan option
In the ticket details, we recommend using these settings:
– In the ticket name, include the words “Payment plan” or similar
– Set the ticket minimum and maximum quantity to 1 since each payment plan will have a pre-set total amount.
– In the ticket description, let attendees know what will happen next: Eg: Choose this ticket to pay over 8 easy monthly payments. Once you complete this, we’ll email you a link for your payment plan. Your ticket is not reserved until you complete this step.
- Now in your Paythen dashboard, create a new payment plan to match the billing interval and total amount you want. Eg: 8 weekly payments of $100 each.
- Once you’ve published your event, open Zapier and create a new zap with Eventbrite as the trigger app and an email service as the action app – for the email service, you could use Email by Zapier to send a basic email or to send a fancier, nicely formatted email, use an email service like Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor or similar (we use Campaign Monitor transactional emails)
- In the Zapier trigger step, choose your event, then on the next step, add a filter to only continue if the ticket ID or ticket name matches the payment plan ticket you created in step 2 (you can filter based on ID or name) so the Zap will only continue for attendees that purchase this ticket. This is where you can search for the words “Payment plan” you included in the ticket name.
- If you’re using the “Email by Zapier” service to send the email, then add in the required details here including the payment plan link you created in Paythen earlier. If you’re using an email service like Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, SendGrid, Gmail, then create and setup this email in their relevant dashboards first and follow the action app steps in Zapier based on the instructions on screen.
- And you’re done! Now, if an attendee purchases this ticket in Eventbrite, they will get an email with the payment plan link. Once they complete the first payment, they will be created as customers in Paythen and can be easily managed there.
This is a workaround but is the only option at the moment to easily offer payment plans using Paythen on Eventbrite. Eventbrite doesn’t allow third party payment apps to directly integrate with them. If you have any questions or get stuck anywhere, we’re here to help – just reach out via the chat icon and we’ll help you get set up.